Railroad Forums 

• WARNIING NEWSDAY LURKER

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#7286  by Otto Vondrak

I'm well aware about the events on the Bushwick Branch. What I am so confused about is why you would want to hide information from a reporter that woudl help him write an accurate, factual article? This forum is for the discussion of railroad topics, not the non-discussion of not discussing them.

Knife-Switch - No one's opinions are threatened here- as long as there are no flames or otherwise abusive posts made towards anyone. As long as we all follow the same guidelines, everyone is welcome (whether you agree with me or not).

-otto-

#7288  by Legio X

Jay:
Who is this NYC freight expert with the NYA jacket and BLE hat, so that we may expose him as a fraud and eight-time loser if we see him in the field or on this forum?

#7558  by jayrmli

Otto:

The point still is if you want facts, go where the facts are. Anyone posting who is a railroad employee also risk jeopardizing their job by talking to the press about an incident without permission from the company.

Legio:

The ex-employee in question now seems to go by the name Anthony Hernandez. Maybe that's his pen name. I don't know. You'd definitely know him if he starts posting here. He's the 35 year old with 30 years of railroading experience to draw from. The newspaper article in the New York Slimes said he practically lives on the Bushwick Branch. I don't think internet service to cardboard boxes is feasible yet, so I doubt you'll be hearing from him here. :wink:

Jay
 #8177  by Gruntled

Also known as Anthony Rodriguez?

#8422  by Knife-Switch

Yeah, yeah, thats the ticket.......
 #11265  by CLiner2005

Jay:

Re your 3/29/04 post - well said. During my 30 some years in the airline industry (flight operations), I was (am) a certified aircraft accident investigator. Having participated in a number of "smoking holes" during those years, I can tell you that the news media is one tough hurdle to overcome. If they cannot get statements from the NTSB official in-charge of a particular incident/accident, they will seek-out anyone who is authorized to be inside the taped-off restricted area of the aircraft accident site - hoping for an off-the-cuff remark that will appear in the media as attributed to "an un-named source," or "someone close to the investigation." Rule one for an investigator is; eyes and ears open - mouth shut. This applies to any investigation, air, land sea.

Just some thoughts. Incidently, regards your invoking the memory of the battleship U.S.S. Maine; my Grandfather served on the Maine.