Railroad Forums 

• Departure times from Fresh Pond...

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #38249  by DogBert

generally speaking, what time/trains leave fresh pond heading towards LI? Weekday mornings?

One of these days I'd like to get some photos of a train going through forrest park...

#38346  by emfinite

I know in the morning, the RS-30 departs around 7:30 am. I have seen them roll through Jamaica quite a few times around 8:30 or so. You can catch them on the high side, they come through on 10 track.

At night, the RS-80 sometimes makes it's way out to the mainline. If that's the case, they depart Pond around 8 pm, but it would probably be too dark for a good shot through Forest Park.

Maybe some of the engineers or conductors that post here could help you out a bit more as to a safe spot to take photos from and more of an exact time.

Good luck!

Joe