Railroad Forums 

• NYAR Train Sighting Thread

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1477045  by gregorygrice

LINYARailfan wrote:
gregorygrice wrote:NYAR 155 was on tonight's CSX Q704 to Selkirk. The MP15AC is on it's way to Altoona for rebuild.
At approximately what time will the 155 be on the move from Selkirk to Altoona?
It's CSX, so who knows.
 #1477200  by Teutobergerwald

Kleet in Huntington was being switched at 12:10pm today. Could see loaded centerbeams from Park Ave, don't know if they got boxcars, too.
 #1477420  by LINYARailfan

Does anybody know when the 151 will be sent out for rebuild in Juniata? And which route does it go to Altoona after it goes to Selkirk and down the River Line via CSX/NS? I sure hope it will be on a weekend so I have a slight chance of seeing it on the move to Altoona via NS?
 #1477990  by tj48

This morning 3 GP38-2s and an MP15ac with 18 cars eastbound through Deer Park.
 #1479892  by rb

Great catch!

Q: What is in those shorty, 3-bay, pressure-differential hoppers? They look cement-sized, not flour-sized.

Those new, blue GACX hoppers look great. If you had told me 20 years ago that new cars would have to be built to support the growth of freight rail on LI, I'd have laughed.
 #1479909  by gregorygrice

rb wrote:Great catch!

Q: What is in those shorty, 3-bay, pressure-differential hoppers? They look cement-sized, not flour-sized.

Those new, blue GACX hoppers look great. If you had told me 20 years ago that new cars would have to be built to support the growth of freight rail on LI, I'd have laughed.
The tiny hoppers on that train hold Hydraulic Cement for a new customer that receives the cars through Brookhaven Rail Terminal. They started up a couple months ago.

The stone customer is not the only customer that has received new or refurbished cars over the past couple of years.
 #1480668  by rr503

It seems the last customer on the Navy Lead has gone. Tracks are paved/plated over in places. A real shame...
 #1480725  by DogBert

rr503 wrote:It seems the last customer on the Navy Lead has gone. Tracks are paved/plated over in places. A real shame...
Shoot. That was always a fun one to watch. Whoever was getting boxcars of food stuff at Wheelspur also left recently. Hopefully someone new will swoop in sooner or later.