Railroad Forums 

• More carloads being unloaded at St. James

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #26155  by John 61

In the last two weeks the St.James siding has received a total of three carloads of steel. One car during the first week of June and then two cars on Friday. This customer also received a car back around December.
Last edited by John 61 on Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #26762  by Fla East Coast Chris

John,
Great picture!!! Nice clear day.
I wonder who put that nice * asterisk on the end that bulkhead HMMMMM. The Midnight skulker rides again!!!!!
Chris

#26812  by emfinite

:D LOL Chris

#26938  by M1 9147

I'll be there Thursday in AM to check this out, and take a pic too.

#27039  by Jayjay1213

Thanks John, your post is the reason why we went up there Wed., you guaranteed us the day 4. How did the pic come out on our return west?

Midnight skulker Chris? Im working daylights :)

#27096  by M1 9147

1 car still there, posting of it to come.

#27289  by John 61

Jayjay,

I took an early lunch and went to St.James around 11:30am. Thought you might turn at Stony Brook and make a quick move. I wound up going to 7-eleven. The return photo came out blurry. I was going to video it and then I deceded to take a photo at the last moment. I usually watch the westbound signal at Post and if it stays blocked I keep an eye out for the eastbound freight. My boss is a big model railroader so that's why you might see both of us outside when you go by.

#30665  by John 61

Two more cars of steel beams were delivered this week. One on Tuesday and another one on Wed. There were a total of 5 cars delivered during the month of June. Anybody know if this will continue in the months to come.

#40397  by John 61

Here's the RS-31 picking up three empties on 7-23-04. Crossing is Northern Blvd. St James NY.Image

#55707  by John 61

Went past the St.James team track yesterday and noticed that another carload of steel was delivered along with two gondolas that contained small bundels of steel. Anybody know when these cars were delivered? It must have been at night or weekend since I see the weekday RS-30 from where I work and these cars were not in any of the consists. Thanks...