Railroad Forums 

• GP-10

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #22496  by Mr Met

any news on this locomotive will it on the stone train at all this year

#22533  by emfinite

To quote Scrap em all on the Locomotive Tidbits thread:

"201 is still fine, has not been MUed with a 38, I experimented with the 159,155 pulls ok but LIRR units have a trainlined brake applied light, 201 doesnt. When the brake is applied, the 201 has no idea what that indication is, so it starts dumping sand and an annoying wheel slip light and buzzer come on. It would be no different with the 38's. 201 works well with the 1200's and the 1000's. The only way to stop that buzzing is to insulate the pin in the 27 point MU receptical with electrical tape. It is time consuming and a pain in the ass."

#22878  by Mr GP10

RRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! I thought they fixed that problem? Maybe I heard wrong. Damn I would love to see that GP-10 mixed with the 15s and 38s on a freight or a or a stone train And then theres that other problem.......ASC. :(

#25874  by Mr GP10

Any chance of this engine sitting in the yard tommorrow? I may try to get a better shot or 2 of it. No promises though. :D