Railroad Forums 

• GP38-2 at Kings Park

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #20608  by alcoc420

At 11:20PM Tuesday or Wednesday I heard a GP38 come east to KP, stop at the station, proceed east to Fox2 and stop there. I fell asleep before the train went on. It sounded like the engine was pulling quite a bit of weight. Does anyone know what was going on? NYA usually doesn't stop at KP. If it were an MP15 I would have figured it to be an LIRR work train or roustabout. Also, it almost sounded like a 567 was in the consist. Is that possible?

#20724  by Knife-Switch

As Coach calls it, the RS-80 had to "Run the Gauntlet" of Huntington.

Due to a meet at Duke, the 80 was tossed into Fox/KP(to do a runaround) with 3 ENG and 9 Cars which by the way holds the gate circuit for Indian Head Rd when in the station. We had a GP and 2 MP15's MU'd

#20728  by emfinite

Fusee juggler,

Email me so I can send you a certain picture from last night... [email protected]

MacGyver - hint, hint!

-Joe
Last edited by emfinite on Sun May 23, 2004 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

#20750  by Scrap em All

Fusee Juggler cuts into my profit sharing :( He must use about 200 fusees a week. :wink:

#20855  by Knife-Switch

Still costs less than all that oil you burn in those 1200's,cough cough Belch :P