Railroad Forums 

• Hicksville operations

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #838014  by Teutobergerwald

Is Hicksville Yard being used for anything these days? I haven't passed by on a train that way in quite a while. The last time I did there were a lot of covered hoppers on all three spurs in the yard, I guess loaded with plastic pellets...
 #925706  by Teutobergerwald

Are all the covered hoppers in Hicksville Yard all for one customer, or several? Also, there any other off-line customers receiving other types of freight cars at Hicksville? Thanks.
 #926209  by mainline

Covered hoppers are for eastern fence. They will switching to Calverton when they begin service. Not sure of any other customers.
 #1091385  by Teutobergerwald

Is the customer located west of the Wantagh Pkwy. overpass in Westbury that has the enclosed spur still active? I don't recall the name of the company or what type/how many cars it takes (or took,) just it's location there on the Main Line. Thanks.
 #1093225  by break the seals

JMBethpage wrote:Picture of track assembly in Hicksville LIRR parking lot on 10/15/10:
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b42 ... CT0001.jpg
That's being assembled there so it can be lifted into place to replace the switches just east of the platform in hicksville station. It's the fastest and easiest way to do it. Lotta lirr work trains coming on line this fall along with the sandite and leaf crusher trains.
 #1093569  by rscott417

mainline wrote:Covered hoppers are for eastern fence...
Why would a fence company receive covered hoppers? Do they mold their own plastic fences?
 #1103995  by Teutobergerwald

Anybody know if NYA will be making any runs with poles, transformers, cable reels, etc. to LIPA's Hicksville facility???