Railroad Forums 

• Hicksville operations

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #179623  by LRail

Is there a daily schedule of activities at the Hicksville yard?

#179776  by jayrmli

You can usually catch a green Chevy Blazer peeling out of the yard around noon to go to Home Depot. :wink:

Jay

#180136  by Jayjay1213

Tue-Fri, anytime between 1330-1530, that would be the best time to catch the RS-30.

#180461  by Legio X

No Saturday-Monday action at Hicksville Yard?

#180721  by Jayjay1213

It is not as reliable on Sat-Mon as it is on Tue-Fri.

#205034  by Legio X

I read in another topic here on the NYA forum that Hicksville Yard is not really capable of being a base for NYA trains because of the configuration of the trackage. What would have to be done to make it more than just a team yard for off-line customers?

#205491  by Legio X

Passed by the yard today and saw, besides the usual gondolas and covered hoppers, a cut of tankcars and a bulkhead flatcar on the eastern-most track. Who are these tankcars for? I can recall seeing tankcars here only a couple of times back in the '80's and never (along with any other freight) during the '90's.

#213621  by Legio X

Tankcars at Hicksville for who!!!???

#213745  by phantom

Calcium Chloride (de-icer) I believe for aircraft deicing is transloaded by Velvetop

#215589  by Legio X

Is NYA loading scrap at Hicksville? There is an MS (what line is that?) gondola loaded with scrap to the top coupled to another MS gondola that does'nt appear to be as full. There's also a bathtub gondola on the same track. The covered hoppers still in the yard are obviously getting visited by socio-economically deprived ghetto youth from a certain neighborhood west of the Wantagh Pkwy. on what looks like a fairly often basis.....

#216755  by eotd

man, Legio seems so alone in this thread. i don't think i've ever been to Hicksville, but MS is the Michigan Shore Railroad.

found this on the line: "Incorporated Sep. 27, 1990. Michigan Shore is a 10 mile carrier at Muskegon, Mi. An affiliate of Railtex’s Mid-Michigan, MS runs on ex-Grand Trunk Western and Pennsylvania branch line acquired from D&M sister railroad Central Michigan."

That's all i got! :wink:

#216760  by pgengler

Legio X wrote:Is NYA loading scrap at Hicksville? There is an MS (what line is that?) gondola loaded with scrap to the top coupled to another MS gondola that does'nt appear to be as full.
I think I saw those gondolas heading west yesterday afternoon; I caught 151 leading 156 and three gondolas through the Merillon Avenue station at around 15:45 yesterday.

#216927  by phantom

MS gons as well as several other road names are leased for some of our customers. American Steel in Hicksville loads scrap steel at our transload facility which is shipped to buyers offline. They are one of several recycler/ scrap customers we have.

#216983  by Legio X

So add scrap metal to the list of Hicksville Yard business....

#221062  by Legio X

Any lumber/building products get delivered to Hicksville lately?