Railroad Forums 

• NY&A MP15AC ASC question

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1479810  by LIengineerBob

Being off the island for almost seven years now (retirement is GREAT!!!), my only form of information (unfortunately) is photos and information I find on the web.

Having said that, I noticed that in current and/or recent photographs of the MP15AC (E15) locomotives the NY&A operates, the ASC (speed control) box is now absent from the engineers side of the walkway. They are still on the LIRR units. Was the ASC system on the NY&A units updated, and the box was no longer needed, or was the ASC system removed entirely??
 #1479883  by Backshophoss

On the MP-15's that NY&A own,Rebuilding at Altoona has updated the ASC system,will need an other update as LIRR Goes to the ACSES II PTC
in a year or so.
 #1480035  by Bad Luck

NYAR power started receiving the new(er) speed control a little over 8 or so years ago. One of the 38s retained the box to save a step, but a close look reveals that the pipe is missing.