Railroad Forums 

• New FPY engine?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1452384  by Backshophoss

Poked around the Knoxville Loco Works site,nothing announced,wild guess is SE15 based mother/slug set,spreading the 1200 hp over 8 traction motors.
Prefect for slow speed switching of the heavy trash cars on not so great trackwork. :wink:
 #1452407  by AlKaLI

Could this be a rebuilding/replacement for ex L&I SW1200 #9321? An SW-1200 is 1200 HP.
Isn't the #9321 stored derelict somewhere in Brooklyn?
 #1452435  by Backshophoss

Anything would be better than an underpowered Trackmobile that WMI uses!
 #1452617  by ConstanceR46

AlKaLI wrote:Could this be a rebuilding/replacement for ex L&I SW1200 #9321? An SW-1200 is 1200 HP.
Isn't the #9321 stored derelict somewhere in Brooklyn?
9321 was/is dead on a siding/RIP track near Gershow Brooklyn and the Linden Facility, within clear view of the L. That was in late july/early august. Not sure if it was cut up or not, can't really get out there.

@Uncle Cheapo I don't know why i put we.
 #1452884  by DogBert

Backshophoss wrote:Anything would be better than an underpowered Trackmobile that WMI uses!
I'm assuming this thing will just be at FP, and WM blissville & the bush will still have their 'shuttlewagons' to bop cars btw. the yard and sidings.

Speaking of, this deal sounds exactly like the one the city and WM struck with CSX in the Bronx, for 4 gensets. All four of those gensets lasted a few years and are now gone, replaced with good old sturdy GP38-2s. I guess they couldn't handle the work... nice to see we'll be throwing away a few more million to appease NIMBYs who don't know shit about running a railroad.