Railroad Forums 

• NYA in Newsday 10/29

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1448861  by LINYARailfan

There was an article about NYAs relationship with the MTA Long Island Rail Road is featured in todays Newsday. Does anybody have any update on the current information based on this article?
I have provided a link for your convenience.
Click here:
https://www.newsday.com/long-island/tra ... 1.14655841" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1448875  by Backshophoss

A rare unpaywalled article! As normal CURES is unhappy of the renewal of the agreement,LIRR says NY&A has cleaned up their act Safety wise.
Outside car inspectors will inspect Freight cars at random across the NY&A service area.
More freight on the rails is needed,most of the major trucking fleets hate to send drivers to Long island,little to ZERO outbound freight,
nowhere to Park, get fuel, and take the 10 hour rest break.
 #1448887  by Teutobergerwald

Hey CURES- the railroad was there way before anyone you claim to represent, so you & your constituents can suck it.
 #1448906  by DogBert

It's insulting that they legitimize those cures idiots by quoting them. The original lease precluded this 10 year extension. In 2027 I think things will be much more interesting as there's nothing to stop an open bid. If business is still good, it's not hard to imagine other RR's bidding.

On a different note - anyone know if there will there be more PR20Bs or does the MTA still need the permission of two glendale housewives for that?
 #1448983  by rr503

What ever happened to Rail New York? That anti cures group? They seem to have disappeared...
 #1449024  by LINYARailfan

rr503 wrote:What ever happened to Rail New York? That anti cures group? They seem to have disappeared...
They are still on facebook as of present.
 #1449099  by MACTRAXX

Everyone:

Can the article be posted under fair use along with this topic?

I can not get around the dreaded Newsday "paywall" no matter what I try...

MACTRAXX