Railroad Forums 

• Outbound freight?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1407616  by AlKaLI

Dave:

I believe you are right. Isn't west of Fresh Pond still only Plate C? The NYCT bridge is one of the limiting factors. I also wonder about the buildings over the tracks near Flushing Ave.
 #1407648  by DogBert

Nah they undercut one of the yard tracks in the last few years. I've seen high cubes in maspeth, and kings might be taking advantage too down on the bush...
 #1408417  by gregorygrice

AlKaLI wrote:Dave:

I believe you are right. Isn't west of Fresh Pond still only Plate C? The NYCT bridge is one of the limiting factors. I also wonder about the buildings over the tracks near Flushing Ave.
Montauks 1 & 2 were undercut months ago making all tracks open for Plate F