Railroad Forums 

• CURES

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1389828  by freightguy

It's also disappointing to hear that the CURES group in Queens is delaying arrival of much needed new power. Unreal
 #1389842  by Backshophoss

They(cures)are Braindead,all that's needed is proper exhaust treatment kit to get Tier IV emissions standards.
 #1389861  by rr503

I wish RNY was as vocal as cures. Maybe they could send fact checks to whichever elected official cures is pestering.
Honestly. They're so self centered. They forget that there are other people in this world who want to get to work faster/breathe easier.
Oh NIMBYS
 #1389896  by tj48

What amazes me about that group is that they complain about a rail line that was there long before most of them lived there, and how the air quality is being affected. What is curious to me is that they save all their indignation for the railroad but yet I have not seen one peep about all the thousands of cars, trucks, buses that travel their streets 24hrs a day 7 days a week spewing exhaust into their community. Where is CURES call to remove all them as well from their neighborhood??
 #1390011  by DogBert

They don't actually care about air pollution. Many of them naively believe if they can put NY&A out of business, they can then expand their backyards across the ROW. I wish I was kidding.
 #1390069  by Backshophoss

They DON'T understand that if the "trash trains" stop,there will be a "Health Emergency" declared on
Long Island and in the city as the trash piles up and turns ripe in the heat real quick.
You cannot barge the trash into the Ocean to dump and the Arthur Kill landfill is closed.
The only thing that would "cure CURES" is a $1,000 a month bill per person for trash removal!! :P :P :P