Railroad Forums 

• Renewal of NYA's Franchise.

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1407459  by rr503

Favorite Plastics, S&A scrap/Brooklyn Resource Recovery, Manhattan Beer, Brooklyn Terminal Market, NYCTA, Gershow.
Did I miss any?
 #1407520  by jayrmli

Favorite Plastics, S&A scrap/Brooklyn Resource Recovery, Manhattan Beer, Brooklyn Terminal Market, NYCTA, Gershow.
Did I miss any?
Also had the cooking oil guy right by the tunnel. Not sure if they still take cars but there was a switch at Glenwood (Brooklyn) Mason. Last switch heading down to Bay Ridge. Also Heritage paper, but I don't know if they take cars anymore.
 #1431576  by LINYARailfan

What is the latest on NYAs freight contract with the LIRR? I haven't heard of any NYA freight moves this month. Has NYAs contract been renewed or has the MTA put it out to bid? If it has been put out to bid, who is going to be awarded the contract to provide freight service on the LIRR?
 #1431703  by DogBert

There's freight moving every day. If there were not, NYC would bury itself in it's own trash within a week.

it was written somewhere on here that they renewed the franchise with the 10 year extension option that was part of the original lease. In 10 years, there will probably be other companies bidding on it to. Any new operator will have to bribe CURES for their blessing. (I'm only being half sarcastic).