Railroad Forums 

• New engines for NYA

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1377474  by gregorygrice

snowgoerman wrote:Nya 300 and nya 301 are currently in Selkirk. They are planned for q70129. They have the third rail clearance stripe painted on the plows. I believe that middle flared area is where the dynamic brake grids are located.
They were supposed to be on last night but I guess Q70128 was cancelled.
 #1377601  by freightguy

Greg,

Q701 did run last night, they had like 100 cars, but hit the defect detector coming down on Metro North. I think they and Q430 did a swap around Peekskill. Sometimes those two trains run combined with both garbage and general merchandise. There was no Q431 I believe last night.
 #1377609  by gregorygrice

Yeah I witnessed that and felt really bad for the conductor who had to walk the train in that wind! I thought that was just Q431 though. I'll be out again tonight.
 #1377643  by gregorygrice

Yeah. Hit the detector at Manitou, appeared to be a false alarm. The crew changed with the NB where they stopped and continued south after about 45 mins.
 #1377676  by vin5581

Supposedly 300 and 301 are leaving Selkirk tonight. got that from a post on another site.
 #1377787  by DutchRailnut

works for me
 #1378786  by Amtrak7

I'm sure it'll be a while before they start venturing onto the Joint Use Premises.
 #1378973  by Backshophoss

Will these units take a trip to Morris Park and get their ASC gear tested and oked for use on LIRR?