Railroad Forums 

• yaphank

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1289915  by jonvit69

is it all possioble to say when a freight train is in yaphank?
 #1289974  by LINYARailfan

jonvit69 wrote:is it all possioble to say when a freight train is in yaphank?
All NYA east of KO operations are done at night. I am not sure what time they go to Yaphank but I know they are there every night. Your best bet would be there around 11PM as the last scoot of the night heads west around 10:45PM. Be prepared to hang out and hopefully by 12:30AM they will show. If they are not there by 2:30AM then they probably wont be coming then. Good luck and hope this helps.

I have also posted a link in this forum about the same topic only difference is it is mostly about freight activity in Riverhead. Here is a link for your convenience:
http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 5&t=156907" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1290030  by jayrmli

Definitely will be at night for the next two months, as the line east of KO will be undergoing trackwork through November 3rd.