Railroad Forums 

• CEFX 402

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1278567  by emfinite

NYAR decide GMTX leasing wasn't for them? Wonder if this one will stay more than a month.
 #1278629  by Teutobergerwald

What is the history of this unit, and the type???
 #1278802  by emfinite

Ex-CNW, late GP38-2 built March '79. Looks like it has dynamics.

FYI Teuto, Google is a very powerful and easy to use TOOL.
 #1278863  by LINYARailfan

So does anybody know when this unit will be making its first Main line appearance? Will it be used on the RS80 or the Pineaire job east of KO? Thanks
 #1278900  by gregorygrice

LINYARailfan wrote:So does anybody know when this unit will be making its first Main line appearance? Will it be used on the RS80 or the Pineaire job east of KO? Thanks
Hasn't left Selkirk yet as far as I know. Waiting on MNR for paperwork. I am trying to find out if the plows will be cut at SK or here at Croton West Yard.

Here's the locomotive: http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 818&nseq=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1278946  by gregorygrice

mikey cruz wrote:loco cam on the outside............interesting.
Good eye. I didn't even notice that. Doesn't look "FRA installed" though. Maybe there is a screen in the cab that gives the engineer a better view? I've seen a geep with similar features.
 #1278985  by Insideman

With AC but no cab signals...guess it wont be leaving NYAR trackage anytime soon!
 #1278992  by gregorygrice

Insideman wrote:With AC but no cab signals...guess it wont be leaving NYAR trackage anytime soon!
It can leave onto LIRR, it just won't lead. Just like the past 2 leasers that have been down there.
 #1278997  by gregorygrice

Coming down on CSX Q701 now. Just passed me at Croton West Yard. Expect it over the Hell Gate tomorrow.
 #1279062  by tj48

Air Conditioner on the roof will be popular.... if it works.....
 #1279207  by DogBert

Is this at FP now? Didn't see today's csx run.