Railroad Forums 

• Problem with the RS-30 Monday 4/5

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #9795  by John 61

What happened to the 30 today? Passed eastbound at Smithtown at 10:30 and didn't return from Port Jeff until 4:05 pm through Smithtown. Must have been a problem out there.

#9843  by Scrap em All

If you could figure out this new phrase, then you will know what happened.

O.T.G Again.................

#9856  by John 61

I got it.. I thought that the siding out there was in good condition.

#9938  by JMBethpage

Today's RS-30 was strange, passed Divide at 9:50 E/B w/2 boxcars and came back at 4:50 w/1 boxcar. That's a lot of time if it only dropped off 1 boxcar, could it have been moving around some other cars?
 #9960  by badneighbor

i saw that train in Smithtown at about 10:30am, and without a second thought, went to Bread and Cheese Hollow Road on the Town Line of Smithtown and Huntington (my son requested to see the NYA there), and then waited a merciless two plus hours until we just couldn't take any more garbage truck parades. On the ground.... makes a good bit of sense now... see ya Tuesday...hopefully I guess correct and wait for RS-30 to be on the South Shore....

#10093  by jayrmli

HMMMM...Dirty Wheels. I can just hear the conductor now:

"Oh, Cheese and crackers, Guy!"

Jay