Railroad Forums 

• Locomotive Tidbits

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#19889  by Legio X

When did the vandalism to this unit occur? And what caused the flat spots?

#19943  by Mr GP10

Im quite saddened and annoyed to hear about 9373s current conditions. 9321 dosent sound like its doing to well either. What is the current status of the 201? Is it running with the GP-38-2s? Is it working with any MP-15s? What are the chances of the 9373 returning to service? sorry I havent posted in a while I have been busy. :(

#20144  by Scrap em All

Vandalisim occoured a while ago during its first incident. Engine was left by itself for 2 nights up in the Fremont area on the weekend until a crane could rerail it Mon. morn. The bastard punks had a field day with it. The flat spots is due to lousy train handling, too much independent brake instead ot automatic brake.
It is currently in the new shop and slowly being pieced back together. The 9321 is not to bad off, runs a little rich, heard it needs new injectors. 201 is still fine, has not been MUed with a 38, I experimented with the 159,155 pulls ok but LIRR units have a trainlined brake applied light, 201 doesnt. When the brake is applied, the 201 has no idea what that indication is, so it starts dumping sand and an annoying wheel slip light and buzzer come on. It would be no different with the 38's. 201 works well with the 1200's and the 1000's. The only way to stop that buzzing is to insulate the pin in the 27 point MU receptical with electrical tape. It is time consuming and a pain in the ass.

#20227  by Mr GP10

Thats good news about the 9373 being repaired. By any chance has the 201 been down to Yard A? Or is it strictly assigned to the Bayridge/Bushwick branches? I hope someday it goes on the road but since it has this wheelslip problem or trouble MUing with the LIRR engines Im not sure where else it can go. :P

#43270  by Scrap em All

NYA 9321 and 9373 have also been cleared to operate on the main. 9373 is currently working with the 106 on the RS40 to LIC M-Fri.