Railroad Forums 

• TRAINSPOTTING ON THE MORRISTOWN & ERIE, 2012

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#1012983  by chief

Hi Sid
The 2 coachs are still in Honesdale. No idea what they are doing. I just get a bad feeling about that line.
Still no freight on line in many years.
 #1013157  by ns3010

The two cabooses are on the Ridgedale Runaround on the end closest to the shops, along with 4204, another caboose (SOO 100, maybe?), and the flatcar of lumber.
 #1014497  by ns3010

4204 is no longer at Ridgedale. It must have been retrieved sometime after 4:30 yesterday, as it was still there at that time. Not sure where it went to.

There are two rather rusted MHC's in the yard at the shops (1416 is on track 5 and the other's number is illegible, but is on track 1), and they were already there yesterday afternoon. Not sure what's up with them.
 #1014891  by therudycometh

ns3010 wrote:There are two rather rusted MHC's in the yard at the shops (1416 is on track 5 and the other's number is illegible, but is on track 1), and they were already there yesterday afternoon. Not sure what's up with them.
The mechanical department uses the MHC's for parts storage. We were moving the parts from the scrapped baggage cars out of the shop and into the MHC's.
 #1029013  by RS115

At shops at 7:15p working late.18 & 19 inside one recently from air bleeding off. 7205 488 and 487 out front with crane positioned between them but nothing actively going on so don't know which is getting something done or both. Three pass cars and the military switcher also in the shop area.
 #1029731  by Sid Farkus

Supposedly 487 is getting scrapped. Too bad, since I believe that was the only remaining FL9 (except 484, 488, and 489) that still had a chance to run again since ME purchased them.