Railroad Forums 

• TRAINSPOTTING ON THE MORRISTOWN & ERIE, 2012

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#1009972  by R36 Combine Coach

blockline4180 wrote:
R36 Combine Coach wrote:Centerbeams are usually used by lumber companies. The only one on the Whippany Line would be ACE, but it has not been active since 2003. Kuiken regularly receives them.

If you are talking about ACE in Roseland, then that is no longer there.! Kuikens took over that facility as well!
I didn't know that. Must have been recent, so when? Does Kuiken plan on receiving carload shipments at Roseland as well?
 #1010065  by blockline4180

R36 Combine Coach wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:
R36 Combine Coach wrote:Centerbeams are usually used by lumber companies. The only one on the Whippany Line would be ACE, but it has not been active since 2003. Kuiken regularly receives them.

If you are talking about ACE in Roseland, then that is no longer there.! Kuikens took over that facility as well!
I didn't know that. Must have been recent, so when? Does Kuiken plan on receiving carload shipments at Roseland as well?
I don't know... The center beam was either a misroute our Kuikens did in fact get a load...However, I'm not certain...
Maybe you can contact M&E directly.
 #1011387  by ns3010

Ken S. wrote:At 1:58PM 18 came west through Newark Broad Street Station with 2 cabooses.
One of them was set off on the Ridgedale Runaround. I saw them bringing the other one back towards the shops at about 3 pm. I don't know which was set off and which was brought back, as I could only see the one on the runaround behind another car and the EOT on the other caboose as I headed down Ridgedale Ave.
 #1011620  by R36 Combine Coach

The shops were empty today, with no one working outside or any equipment outdoors. The shed was locked and 18 and 19 were likely inside, as there were no employees around (only two cars in the parking lot).
 #1012905  by therudycometh

Alright boys, to clear up the confusion:

The switcher that was scrapped was ex-AMTK SW1 #742 (ex-PRR/PC originally). Its prime mover is sitting on a flatcar somewhere on the Whippany Line.

The centerbeam full of lumber that came in was ordered by the M&E - so that's the railroad's lumber, not for a customer. We transloaded it onto one of our own ex-SOU cars so we could ship the centerbeam back out, which is why some people saw a regular flatcar full of lumber on the Ridgedale runaround. That's the same lumber that came off the centerbeam.

Those ex-AMTC MHC's on the hill behind the shop have been there for a while (~a year or more) and are not slated to be scrapped. We use them as storage, along with about ten more of them stuffed on a siding on the Whippany line.
 #1012939  by Sid Farkus

chief wrote:No Sid, These were the cabooses that were in Honesdale.
Chief
Are those two passenger cars I previously mentioned still in Honesdale, and do they plan to use them on the excursions?