Railroad Forums 

• Suburban Propane

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#76125  by baretables

I've been by Suburban's siding several times in the past few weeks and noticed no propane cars at all in the siding. While i understand that the business is seasonal, shouldn't this be a heavy time of the year for inbound loads?

#76132  by Lackawanna484

There were a few tank cars on the Algonquin Parkway switch two weeks ago.

There's also a major pipeline passing underneath the property, does that also move propane?

#76314  by RS115

I believe the pipeline you refer to carries natural gas it continues on through East Hanover

#76680  by Greg

There is almost always one tanker there at all times, when I passed by last week there were two on the siding.

#76825  by Ken W2KB

So far the winter has been slightly warmer than normal, so there would have been no peak demand for LPG. A prolonged cold snap would probably result in increased traffic.