Railroad Forums 

• Whippany line trackwork

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#75260  by RS115

This morning 4223 went east with 3 of the ex-Erie Mining ore cars and the two M&E hoppers filled with ballast and two tanks cars. Returned west around 4:00 with just empty ballast cars. Not sure where they're dumping it - assume out near Passaic River bridge and other areas worked this summer. Morristown at lunch time showed 4231 and 20 in the shop along with a passenger car. 18 was out also must have been working the western Morris lines.
4240 and one of the RS-11's have disappeared from the old interchange track - not sure if they were shipped off for scrap or dragged up to Lake Junction yard or what. 4240's been sitting there for a couple of years maybe they finally stripped off what they considered usable. 1 RS-11 sans hood prime mover covered with a blue tarp remains on the old interchange track.

Did anyone catch the Santa trains last weekend. I did not though hope to get down there this weekend.
 #75438  by njt4172

Did anyone catch the Santa trains last weekend. I did not though hope to get down there this weekend.[/quote]

No I didn't! Does anyone know how far east they went???

Steve

#75639  by Greg

RS,

There is quite a bit of new ballast bewteen Deforest Ave and the new River Road bridge. It is possible the majority of it went there. I have to say, the line looks like it is in great shape now as compared to last year, very main-linish.