Railroad Forums 

• Trip to Dover

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#70541  by njtmnrrbuff

I am planning to railfan in Dover this Friday morning, and I would like to know how much frequency the Morristown and Erie Line gets in Dover.

#70809  by Jihn z

Well it's hit or miss... The M&E has been avaraging once a week on this line, and they IIRC, ran last Friday. Today is Tuesday and there has been no run yet, so you have a possibility of catching it. As for time, its been very odd... either 9-10 AM, or 1-3 PM.

#70811  by Al Holleuffer

If the M&E is still following the holiday schedule they observed when I worked there they will not be operating at all on Friday as it was a contractual holiday and almost all of their customers' plants were closed as well. It would be best to give them a call. In general they serve the line twice a week as needed with no set days.