Railroad Forums 

• TRAINSPOTTING ON THE MORRISTOWN & ERIE, 2011

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#898358  by ns3010

At 2:45, there were a front loader and a M&E pickup truck at the Morris Ave. crossing, and a few guys in orange vests standing across the street. It appeared that they had just finished clearing the crossing, in preparation for the usual Tuesday afternoon run down the D&R.
 #898399  by blockline4180

ns3010 wrote:At 2:45, there were a front loader and a M&E pickup truck at the Morris Ave. crossing, and a few guys in orange vests standing across the street. It appeared that they had just finished clearing the crossing, in preparation for the usual Tuesday afternoon run down the D&R.

Well, I caught BOTH the M&E19 and 18 semmingly outlawed just west of Morris Ave. today at 5:00 P.M. Engines were facing east with a string of covered hoppers. D&R is busy lately!
 #898440  by ns3010

Yes, it is! Since the beginning of the year (September, because I'm talking school year), it seems like they have been out every Tuesday and Friday, with very few exceptions.
I know they missed last Friday, probably because of snow, and I forget if they were there on Tuesday or not. Other than that, it's been very steady.

And that's nothing to complain about! :-)
 #898616  by R36 Combine Coach

They weren't on the D&R last Friday (2/4) as I saw from the Interstate 80 overpass neat exit 37 the tracks was still buried on snow, with no clearing on the rails.

Today they were out at Lake Junction and D&R and the yard at Abbett Avenue was empty.
 #898679  by blockline4180

ns3010 wrote:Yep, they were outlawed just North of Morris Ave. 19 facing South (West), 18 facing North (East).

Here they are just before 7:30 this morning. Sorry it is a bad shot, but I had to take it with my phone out the dirty bus window.

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPictur ... id=2398699

Thanks for the heads up, Steve!

Your welcome Joe... Any idea how many cars he had with him?? I couldn't get an exact count, but looked to be over 5.
 #899603  by R36 Combine Coach

No train today on the D&R, likely due to the Monday train being longer and making up for last Friday in addition to this Tuesday. Last Friday's lack of service threw the regular Tues/Fri schedule off this week.
 #899746  by blockline4180

On Friday I caught the M&E 18 heading east past Mt. tabor with one tank car, pressumably for B&G on the Whippany line... I'm thinking they will work the Whippany Line either Monday or Tuesday.