Railroad Forums 

• Current M&E Roster

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#1012940  by blockline4180

therudycometh wrote:4204 is going to run. It's an RRPX engine. I'll update that roster momentarily.

Glad to hear it won't be scrapped! Thanks1
 #1013156  by ns3010

therudycometh wrote: C424 #4204 - OOS somewhere on Whippany Line
Ridgedale Runaround.
 #1014890  by therudycometh

Sid Farkus wrote:Rudy,

Would you happen to know where the P5 that was temporarily put on 489 for the Christmas Excursions came from? The engine used to have a K5 on it (any idea what happened to it?), but ME always dismantles the horn on that unit when being transported and in for work or storage. Thanks
I believe it came off of the #563.
 #1045463  by thebigham

I just read on the Alco Yahoo group that RRPX RS11 #7205 is being sold. Who is the new owner?
 #1050867  by therudycometh

thebigham wrote:I just read on the Alco Yahoo group that RRPX RS11 #7205 is being sold. Who is the new owner?
That's above my pay grade. I just fix things. I can say that we have been fixing up #7205 and it now runs beautifully (took it for a couple test spins around the yard).
 #1051413  by ns3010

therudycometh wrote:
thebigham wrote:I just read on the Alco Yahoo group that RRPX RS11 #7205 is being sold. Who is the new owner?
That's above my pay grade. I just fix things. I can say that we have been fixing up #7205 and it now runs beautifully (took it for a couple test spins around the yard).
Well, it's still in Morristown, so I would think it hasn't been sold yet...
 #1052647  by sallenparks

I don't know if I should put this here but are you guy's missing a passenger car there is one on the Susie Q in Bingo called the Bricken or Bracken something like that it looks like it's painted NYC but says M&E on it.
 #1052680  by ns3010

sallenparks wrote:I don't know if I should put this here but are you guy's missing a passenger car there is one on the Susie Q in Bingo called the Bricken or Bracken something like that it looks like it's painted NYC but says M&E on it.
That would be the Birken. Must be out on charter.
 #1053051  by therudycometh

ns3010 wrote:
sallenparks wrote:I don't know if I should put this here but are you guy's missing a passenger car there is one on the Susie Q in Bingo called the Bricken or Bracken something like that it looks like it's painted NYC but says M&E on it.
That would be the Birken. Must be out on charter.
That's correct. Went out for a charter.
 #1055129  by NJT4115

SW1 738 is stored near Ridgeday Ave, East Hanover.
 #1237857  by MEC407

Is 489 back in service?
 #1237970  by therudycometh

MEC407 wrote:Is 489 back in service?
It will be soon. Currently serviceable but undergoing some tests to make sure that status doesn't change again.
 #1237972  by MEC407

Glad to hear it. When it's back up and running, will you be sending it back to Maine?