Railroad Forums 

• Current M&E Roster

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#1430185  by riffian

Is there any substance to the report that the 18 may go to the Illinois Railway Museum to be reincarnated as TP&W 800?
 #1430201  by thebigham

The Illinois Railway Museum want to buy it, but need $60k.

Supposedly a scrap dealer has offered the M&E $50k for #18.
 #1430561  by riffian

Haven't heard anything about the new (old) MP15s, nor anything recently about the GP-7/9s. Are they all in service? Have they been repainted? A current rundown on M&E loco assignments would be greatly appreciated.
 #1430600  by mandealco

Hi
I'm probably not quite up to date myself, but from 12,000 miles away, I'll try to answer.
Only one of the B&A Geeps has been painted and put in service, #23 is at Bayway. Judging by the oil stains visible on the hood in a couple of photos, all is not well with the 23. Maybe this is what prompted them to get more modern power in the MP-15s.

So we have at Morristown, the awesome 18, plus 20 and 2354, 764 would also appear to be operational.

At Bayway there is Geep 23 and MP-15 2408, is the black SSB also still there?

In storage waiting for a call to service is the third MP-15. Also stored are the other Geeps and 3574 (serviceable) & 4204, plus 19 and 21. So still 5 Alco's on the property, though only 18 is active. Too many EMD's for this Alco fan, but as long as 19 gets preserved, I can still keep my user name!
Cheers
Steve
NZ
 #1431265  by riffian

Belated thanks for the power update. Anyone have information on the number of crews (jobs) regularly called on a daily basis and start times. Thanks again.
 #1473593  by NJRAILNUT

Been wondering the same thing myself. I saw #18 working the other week, so I guess the rumor that it was going to be retired by the end of 2017 has proven untrue? Anyone know of the plans for the last active Alco on the M&E?
 #1474819  by DogBert

Many of the ex NS cab enders outside the shop last weekend, along with 4202. Safe to assume 4202 is also for sale?
 #1477658  by Teutobergerwald

Confirmed on the Illinois Railway Museum's website that they bought the #18.
 #1528839  by riffian

Any updates on M&E roster. Still have units for sale?