Railroad Forums 

• SBRR BL-2 54

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#763070  by chief

The SBRR. BL-2 was picked up by SU-100 this am. Look for it on M&E for an overhaul
 #763479  by RS115

The BL-2 is in Morristown, sans bell - I hope it was removed for shipment and not stolen.
 #763611  by mandealco

Hi
I believe the BL-2 is owned by Wayne County and is used on their excursion trains. M&E who now operate the Stourbridge line the trains run on, are going to overhaul the old EMD.

What I'd like to know is what is being sent to the SBRR in the meantime?
Cheers
Steve
Modelling NJ in NZ
 #763702  by Btkspot89

I dont have time to drop by the Morristown Shops today to take pictures, does anyone have any pictures of said BL-2 in question? Also what Road number is it?
Thanks
 #763812  by tim5405

The road number is #54 (SBRR 54) form BAR 54
 #763841  by photorailfan

Here is a shot of it in either honesdale or hawley at the station in 2005.
 #763854  by Btkspot89

I actually found some spare time to go take photos today of the BL-2. here is the link to my photo site:
http://picasaweb.google.com/btkspot89/M ... nErieShots#.
The photos of the BL-2 are towards the end of the album. Also as you can see the ex CP 4240 has clearly seen better days but oh well. Her scrapping continues. Enjoy!
 #763954  by Sid Farkus

I bet this engine will be used on the Easter bunny trains. Just a hunch...
 #764159  by scottychaos

Susquehaniewikiwokiwani wrote:I bet this engine will be used on the Easter bunny trains. Just a hunch...
sort-of looks like a bunny already! :wink:

they totally should do that..
would be a huge draw for families with little kids..
would take a bit of creative enginerring to make the big ears, but it could be done..

Scot
 #764355  by Sid Farkus

I imagine it's going to be similar to what they did with the Maine Eastern FL9s. Brought them to NJ in the off season for maintenance, kept it for the museum trains, and then sent them back. However, they kept the FL9s for the train rides because they are the only HEP equipped locomotives ME has. If they use the BL2 they would have to use the Birken for HEP, as what they do for the majority of the time.
 #767495  by Sandy Burton

For those interested, the bell for the BL-2 is safe and sound in the engine house.

Sandy