Railroad Forums 

• TRAINSPOTTING ON THE MORRISTOWN & ERIE, 2010

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#787005  by Btkspot89

Had time to drop by the Shops today. The BL-2 sat partially outside while work continued on it. The FL-9 489 sat facing the Ex Amtrak FL-9. Then 18 came up from the Whippany line dropped the conductor off, waited for the conductor to get back on. Then jumped on the NJT line. Took photos as well, click on my photo album links on my signature if you want to take a look.
 #789269  by Tri-State Tom

M&E C424 #18 and Norfolk Southern GP40-2 #3010 were in charge of the Whippany Museum's Easter Bunny trips on Sunday. Nice contrast in horns coming and going on each trip !

Consist included ex-Pennsy Alder Falls and M&E's Birken bracketing 3 ex-NJT Comet I coaches now painted in E-L maroon, grey and yellow with museum lettering.

Patronage appeared excellent.
 #789655  by Btkspot89

Ah so that's why the 3010 was sitting outside the ME shops. I was expecting the BL 2 to be used, but I did not get my hopes up. Any guesses as to when the BL 2 will be going home?
 #790832  by airman00

I was on the caboose train last september and while #18 was the power for the move, #563 was brought along to help drill the cabooses off of the siding and onto the main. If that's the case, why not just use 563 altogether, since it wouldn't matter regards to hep because it's just cabooses your pulling.
 #790846  by RS115

Last I saw it (maybe 3 weeks ago) 563 was in the new run-around east of South Jefferson Road with the 22 and 4231 apparently drained/stored for the winter.
 #797681  by Btkspot89

Drove past the ME Shops the BL-2 was sitting out side with it appearing to be idling with the smoke coming out of it. ME 18 was sitting next to it. 563 and another ex Amtrak SW 559 were also sitting outside. Photos from today are on my picasa enjoy.
http://picasaweb.google.com/btkspot89/M ... nErieShots#
 #798773  by R36 Combine Coach

airman00 wrote:I was on the caboose train last september and while #18 was the power for the move, #563 was brought along to help drill the cabooses off of the siding and onto the main. If that's the case, why not just use 563 altogether, since it wouldn't matter regards to hep because it's just cabooses your pulling.
Which unit are HEP equipped from museum/excurion runs? I'd assume 18 is.