Railroad Forums 

• Malapardis Branch ROW cleared

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#54733  by Angus202

On my way up Rt. 10 to CCM today, I was shocked to see the ROW north of Rt 10 completely cleared and semi-graded. A quick inspection looks like construction crews are working from some point off parsippany rd. toward rt. 10. The rails were cleanly unbolted from the work to were they dip under the repaved rt 10. Sadly this looks more like a project for a new road or large drainage system than anything railroad related. In related news, I visited the construction taking place on the former channel lot, and am happy to say that the tracks are the only part of the property that have gone untouched. The malapardis lead, storage track, and delivery bay track are all there - maybe we'll see some rail shipments to whatever's going in there yet.

-Ryan

#55156  by Tri-State Tom

Like the Whippany line, doesn't this rail have to be replaced as well by a heavier type to comply with the new weight limits ?