Railroad Forums 

• Toys R Us

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#54678  by 7 Train

There have been all these rumors (offiicial and unofficial) that Toys R Us maybe leaving the business. If that is the case, this might have an adverse effect on M & E (as Toys R Us is the largest customer on the High Bridge Branch). Toys R Us has been considering diversifying and focusing on Babies R Us. If this is the case, will the Flanders warehouse could become a distrubution center for baby products?

#54743  by Scrap The U34CH

I keep seeing this rumor on the internet but... Every time I see a news article dealing with the TRU financial troubles, it says the complete opposite thing, they are thinking of getting out of BRU and concentrating on the toy end. They have even closed a bunch of the baby stores.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully, they will work things out and prosper.

#56750  by NJTRailfan

I'd imagien they'd stick to toys after they shut down all the Kids R Us stores and laid off alot of employees. hopefully they'l lcoem back i nthe top spot and stick it to Wal Mart. I'd hate for them to shut down and the plant in Flanders to close and the M&E as a result loosing a customer. As is they need more customers on the HB Line.