Railroad Forums 

• FL9's moved!

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#57153  by Greg

Steve,

The lights still work. Last time I caught a move into Vornado they also flagged the crossing, probably a good idea since most people have not seen a train through there in a decade or so.

Seems like the M&E crew has replaced ties where the derailment occured. It appeared that the 3 axle trucks on the FLs spread the grade somewhat.

On a side note, I bet the spur has never seen this amount of motive power before, :wink: .

#57163  by Lackawanna484

Greg wrote:Steve,

The lights still work. Last time I caught a move into Vornado they also flagged the crossing, probably a good idea since most people have not seen a train through there in a decade or so.
I'd say it's a very good idea. People come around that bend at 50 mph and they panic when they see a CAR making a left into Murray Road. Who knows what they'd do with an FL-9 or an RS-1 on the roadway?

#60352  by Lackawanna484

Yhey've moved again!

The Vornado leads are empty as of Tuesday afternoon. The RS-1 has moved also.

Any idea where they went?

#60374  by tahawus84

Naporano

#60397  by Angus202

Naporano
haaaahahahahahha, i needed that!

#60405  by Lackawanna484

tahawus84 wrote:Naporano
-----------------

Naah. They're probably getting tuned up for the coast to coast stack train service from Whippany...

#60448  by Scrap The U34CH

They're all down where the Vornado spur meets the main, Behind Pepsi. They are coupled to the EL\MnE ballast and flat cars.
Saw em there today.

#60545  by Greg

I was able watch as they repaired some of the trackage on Monday. They took out each FL one at a time and placed them on the main before moving all four back onto the spur.

#60565  by njt4172

So can you see them from the Ridgedale Ave crossing?? Or are they out of view now? I'm gathering that they won't put any other equipment that far down on the Spur since the tracks are in such poor condition.

Steve

#60719  by james1787

This may be a stupid question, but do the FL9s run? What is the M & E doing with them?

#60882  by njt4172

James,

Not a stupid question! As far as I know the FL-9's have a few problems. I think a couple need new battery boxes, but other then that they probably could be start up after a little TLC. Most are stored serviceable.

Steve

#61085  by james1787

What do they plan on using them for? Are they going to be used for excursion trains? I imagine at some point they'll get a paint job?