Railroad Forums 

• New M&E Customer Whippany Line

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#791919  by blockline4180

R36 Combine Coach wrote:One if not both if the signals of the Ridgedale crossing on the Vornado industrial had been removed. Channel Lumber also saw the end in 1991 as well.
One of the crossing signals is still there, well it was last time I was through there about 2 months ago.
 #794535  by SemperFidelis

Oh that's nice, a joke about the local populace.

However, my father in law works in the schools there and can confirm that remark...
 #794536  by GOLDEN-ARM

lets talk about the Vornado spur, not speculate about kids in school.
 #1084909  by roachcoach1186

It's taken them over 3 years since they moved in but they have finally started their new building construction for E&S Foods.

Started in the summer and now the building that was virtually on South Jefferson is gone.

The original link to the daily record doesn't work anymore but there was a mention the company could possibly get rail service.

The original plan was to use the DOT entrance for delivers, however that plan is gonna be tough to see happening as 287 is having the bridge rebuilt until fall 2014. There is no shoulder for safe deceleration off 287 North.
 #1085028  by R36 Combine Coach

blockline4180 wrote:
R36 Combine Coach wrote:One if not both if the signals of the Ridgedale crossing on the Vornado industrial had been removed. Channel Lumber also saw the end in 1991 as well.
One of the crossing signals is still there, well it was last time I was through there about 2 months ago.
As an update the remaining signal (on the northbound lane) has been replaced with an "out-of-service" sign within the last few months.
 #1191597  by riffian

Don't know the answer to your questions and in fact am not even from the area, but recently uploaded Google Earth images tend to indicate there are two customers on Merry Lane in East Hanover (adjacent to one another and taking tank cars) and B&G foods, which appears to be at the end of the line next to I-280. Appears to be no other active sidings, except for stored equipment. Track appears to end in the vicinity of I-280, just beyond B&G.
 #1191891  by therudycometh

These are the current M&E customers on the Whippany Line:

Anderol Specialty Lubricants
B&G Foods
Givaudan Flavors
Kuiken Brothers
Renewable Energy Group
Whippany Railway Museum
 #1192013  by therudycometh

ccutler wrote:Thanks! Much busier freight line than I would have thought.
No problem! And yes, with the recent addition of REG, the line is seeing a lot more service.
 #1192061  by blockline4180

therudycometh wrote:
No problem! And yes, with the recent addition of REG, the line is seeing a lot more service.

Rudy,

How often does Kuikens in Roseland receive cars?? They seem to be a new addition as well!! I'm guessing they get center beams or bulkhead flats??

Thanks!
 #1192626  by therudycometh

blockline4180 wrote:
therudycometh wrote:

Rudy,

How often does Kuikens in Roseland receive cars?? They seem to be a new addition as well!! I'm guessing they get center beams or bulkhead flats??

Thanks!
Rarely. We do occasionally get a centerbeam in for them - there was a big turmoil on these forums when it happened about a year ago.