Railroad Forums 

• Official Rahway Valley Thread

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#1055255  by nyandw

Photo view is from the Garden State Pkwy overpass. Exit #137 view E

The Aldene Plan ramp was graded and built for double track for future expansion as needed. It has not been implemented since the first operational opening day: 4/30/1967

The 4 track CNJ mainline to Communipaw, NJ ferry terminal has been totally razed c. after 8/6/1978 dead ahead. It is fully grown over at this time.

Federated Plastics siding is off to the right with a covered hopper on the siding. This siding connects to the SIRT switch just south of Cranford Junction near the ex-XC tower (razed <prior 1/01/1976).

Center of photo, just right of the signal: white poles/red tops. These are fiber optic cable lays along the ex-ROW.
 #1055394  by kilroy

nyandw wrote:Image

Photo view is from the Garden State Pkwy overpass. Exit #137 view E

The Aldene Plan ramp was graded and built for double track for future expansion as needed. It has not been implemented since the first operational opening day: 4/30/1967

The 4 track CNJ mainline to Communipaw, NJ ferry terminal has been totally razed c. after 8/6/1978 dead ahead. It is fully grown over at this time.

Federated Plastics siding is off to the right with a covered hopper on the siding. This siding connects to the SIRT switch just south of Cranford Junction near the ex-XC tower (razed <prior 1/01/1976).

Center of photo, just right of the signal: white poles/red tops. These are fiber optic cable lays along the ex-ROW.
XC Tower was still standing and in use when I took these photos on 07/30/81.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2315904

This shot will give a little bit of a ivew of the interchange track. Taken from the top of the stairs of XC.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2316074
 #1056449  by nyandw

Aldene zoom insert (by Steven Lynch) - E. Robinson Co. 1906 Fire Insurance Map
Union County plate #15 Research: Dr. Boright; author "Railroad that Build Kenilworth"
 #1089270  by Don Maxton

This may have been covered already, but if not, does anyone know why a large section of the ROW adjacent to Liberty Ave. has been filled in and planted with grass??
 #1092106  by ironhorsehistory

Don,

If you're referring to the section between Breeze and the old Western Electric, the work was done by the folks who are rehabbing the Western Electric building. Not sure who or what is moving in there...any ideas?
 #1124359  by Ken W2KB

Don Maxton wrote:I haven't seen this ticket Steve. Where's Greenville?
Greenville is the southern section of Jersey City adjacent to Bayonne. The CNJ had a Greenville passenger station on its mainline.
 #1142340  by RV History Buff

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm working on a new Rahway Valley Railroad website... www.trainweb.org/rahwayvalley

So far I've been working close with a couple members of the Clark family, who managed the RVRR for 50+ years.

Take a look at the website and let me know what you think. It's a work in progress, so bear with me. And let me know if you have anything to contribute!

All the best,
Richie King
 #1142466  by Jtgshu

The website looks great!

Great job!

Quite an interesting history that little line has!