Railroad Forums 

• new yahoo group for the Maine eastern

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#54766  by Molasses

Looks good, BUT Brunswick to Roackland does not make a whole lot of sense without regular connection to Portland. The DOWNEASTER running from Boston to Portland seems to be doing OK. To have this viable & get off the Maine Turnpike & Tolls in NH, direect through service is the key. AND if you are looking for tourist fares Portland to Brunswick with a very IMPORTANT stop in Freeport for LL Bean & all the other outlets is going to be the only way to succeed. God bless the State of Maine, but other than the Capital offices what is the need to go to Augusta.
Did stop in the yeards in Rockland for a chat and yes those two exCN will be melded into one. Good news was that by November the tracks will be put back to the old station in Rockland. Also the current tenants have been given notice to vacate and the station will be restored and active, one block from the harbor.
Curently NRRAIL photo archives has about 80 pics on their Maine Eastern site.

#54838  by Alcoman

Why do we need another Yahoo group on the Maine Eastern? The Morristown And Erie group that has already been started covers the Maine Eastern as well as all the other railroads that the M&E operates.
 #55339  by Sandy Burton

John,

First of all, quite shouting. It is not polite.

The Maine Eastern group on Yahoo was formed about two weeks before the Morristown & Erie group.

The question might be asked why do we need either of these two Yahoo forums since this one on Railroad.net covers the M&E and its various subsidiaries quite nicely.

Sandy

#55348  by Alcoman

Saandy,
I am not shouting. If I used all caps, thats shouting.
Larger type is easier to read.

I would agree about the Yahoo groups except that I see an advantage of the yahoo group such as having a photo section, files other than photos, a place where you can measure the interest in groups by the size of membership and where polls can be created, a means of going back into the archives if desired for past information. Also in most cases, contact to another member is possible via membership list.

RR. Net is a discussion group only. It does not offer any of the above advantages of a Yahoo group.

#55418  by Sandy Burton

John,

You are right about shouting. I forgot my internet protocol. Large bold letters seemed liked shouting to me. My apologies.

There certainly has not been a lot of activity on either of the two Yahoo forums. And this discussion group is very active and has been for some time.

Sandy