Railroad Forums 

• TRAINSPOTTING ON THE MORRISTOWN & ERIE, 2007

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#475722  by blockline4180

Btkspot89 wrote:M&E 18 headed west bound towards Denville aroun 8:40... it has hauling more then normal today here was its line up. M&E Private car(not sure which one) then came M&E 4 (I think). After that came three chemical cars. I was thrilled to see that many cars, it has been a while since I have seen 18 hauling that many. I was also thrilled to see 18.. it has been a while. :-D
One minor clarification. I saw the same train this morning and it looked like 2 out of the 3 cars were syrup cars from B&G and NOT chemical. The other tanker might have been a chemical one, but I dont know for sure.

#475788  by denvillerailfan

18(?) was in Whippany on the main this afternoon (12/5 just before 1pm) with 4, 21, a few comets and couple of the PVs... probably what was (or will be?) the Santa train.

#476015  by Shark

I saw on another website that the VLIX 7212 ex-Erie Mining Alco RS11 is up for sale by VLIX. Last time I saw this unit, it was stored on the M&E.

#477286  by General

What are you looking to purchase another useless locomotive? i saw the engine listed on railserve railtrade railswap or whatever that site is. i find it funny that it is being sold as operational when it is sitting destroyed in the woods at chester
 #481311  by Sandy Burton

Kim,

7205 should be labelled RRPX.

I have builder numbers for 7210 and 7205 at home, but I am in Ohio for the week. If no one else answers that question by Christmas, I will try to remember to post them next week.

Feel free to bug me if I forget.

Sandy Burton

#481326  by Sid Farkus

What will happen to 488 now that the Santa trains are over? Will it head back up to Maine?

#481383  by Sandy Burton

488 will go back to Maine eventually, but not right now. They need to do some mechanical work on it.

Sandy

#481588  by Sid Farkus

What will the ME for future excurisons when they need a HEP unit? Would they send one from Maine for the Easter and Christmas trains?

#481659  by Sandy Burton

I expect that the 488 will return to Maine in time for next season's tourist trains. Morristown has some work scheduled for it in the meantime.

Sandy

#483415  by thebigham

Janaury 2008 Railpace:

RS11s 7205 and 7210 are for sale.

M420W 3562 will be shipped to Maine after truck repairs.

C4242s 4216 and 4231 are in storage. Both need repairs.

RS11 7215 is in storage due to a leaking liner.

#484249  by Sid Farkus

Are 7205 and 7210 for lease or to actually buy?

#484666  by RS115

I would expect that all of the loco's listed above as stored needing some work will get it when there is a definate need for the engine for M&E's own purposes or at least a high likelihood of lease or sale. Until such time, why would they spend money on something that isn't going to generate revenue?

I suspect the real answer to the other question is everything from locomotives to passenger cars to the pick-up truck is for sale at the right price. They're not surviving on 4-5 tank cars a week on the Whippany line.