Railroad Forums 

• TRAINSPOTTING ON THE MORRISTOWN & ERIE, 2007

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#484697  by blockline4180

RS115 wrote:I would expect that all of the loco's listed above as stored needing some work will get it when there is a definate need for the engine for M&E's own purposes or at least a high likelihood of lease or sale. Until such time, why would they spend money on something that isn't going to generate revenue?

I suspect the real answer to the other question is everything from locomotives to passenger cars to the pick-up truck is for sale at the right price. They're not surviving on 4-5 tank cars a week on the Whippany line.

Well, there supposed to get 2 new customers next year along the Chester and High Bridge Branches if everything falls into place.

I was also told that a C&D or recycling truck to rail facility may move along the Whippany line along the Frederick Place siding...This may not happen for a few years if it happens at all, but at least its something to ponder for potential increase in traffic.

So hopefully if this new traffic ever materializes it may warrant rebuiling or using 1 or 2 of the RS-11's..Who knows.
 #581389  by GOLDEN-ARM

Mods comment: Another split, for another year, making the threads more relevant for searching, and easier to look for specific equipment dates. Enjoy..... :-D