Railroad Forums 

• TRAINSPOTTING ON THE MORRISTOWN & ERIE, 2004

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#64756  by njt4172

RS115,

I have heard that the #20 will stay in Morristown for the foreseable future. Maybe it will be put back in service on Whippany line......

Steve

#64867  by Jihn z

Yeah that's interesting. I remeber, I guess it was about two years now, all you would see on the D&R was #20.

#67945  by PVRX

Noticed the 18 was tied down at Lake Junction last night (Thursday 11-11) around 9pm. red light and radio were lit in cab, nothing else noticeable.

#68361  by RS115

They've done that before - Late Sept/early Oct 18 was tied down for the night with its' train in Kenvil on the main alongside the team track there. Don't know if it's a planned thing or something happens and they would be too late to be let out on the NJT main to cross over at Morristown in the face of the evening rush. So they tie down on one of their branches and taxi the crew home. Just a theory.
 #581381  by GOLDEN-ARM

Mods comment: I'm going to split this rather long thread, into multiple threads, posted by year. This should make referencing info quicker, when looking for equipment spotted, by each year. Enjoy....... :-D