Railroad Forums 

• Ridgedale Ave Crossing Repair

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#549364  by joe k

It looks like work was done to the East Hanover crossing last weekend.
Signs warned drivers of a 24 hour work window to close the road and repair the crossing.
 #549601  by blockline4180

Yes, my girlfriend lives about a 1/2 mile from where the tracks cross Ridgedale Ave. Nice to see they did the tracks over with that concrete slab in the road.

I heard Kuikens Lumber is moving into a site in Roseland, which should be adjacent to the tracks..Could it mean increased traffic on this line?? Time will tell!
 #549892  by Btkspot89

That is great!!! I haven't noticed it yet but that should hopefully make it a little less bumpy when driving the ambulance across it. I can't tell you how many times we our ambulances have hit the rails.
 #550141  by joe k

FYI Ambulance Driver.........might want to slow down, the crossing repair was in East Hanover Ridgedal Ave, NOT Morristown.
The MoTown crossing is still a little rough around the edges......

I would hate to see you deploy the air bags thinking the crossing was "more better"