• NS unit on D&R today.

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

by cjvrr

NS 3002 and two cover hoppers on the D&R today.

Had to happen today... around 2:15 pm while sitting in a meeting in the mayor's office in Dover I hear the sounds of the train coming from the east. Train rumbles across the crossing. I take a quick glance out the window and the darn thing is running with NS #3002 facing west.

If I had gone to Dover / Rockaway for lunch, I would have seen it switching the end of the line.

Chris

by RS115

They probably did one of their swaps with NS taking 18 to work the Gladstone. Still, would have made a nice photo.

by GOLDEN-ARM

If that's true, it sounds like the NS crew got the better end of the deal..... :-D

by gravelyfan

But kind of ironic that an ex Reading unit (NS 3002) would end up running on a former CNJ branch line!!!!

M&E 18 was sighted later that day on the H-02 on the Totowa Spur with a tank car in the consist, so presumably they went down to Reheis on the Gladstone Branch first, then back to Denville and down to Mountain View.

by blockline4180

Oh, what I could have done to see an NS (ex-Reading) unit on the D&R!!!
LOL,anyone have pictures??? :P

by denvillerailfan

blockline4180 wrote:Oh, what I could have done to see an NS (ex-Reading) unit on the D&R!!!
LOL,anyone have pictures??? :P

I WISH!!!

Figures, the first day I went IN to work since I started working from home, and all heck breaks loose... I won't do that again any time soon.

Would have been great to slip down the D&R for a break, AND then catch the 18 on multiple trips through Denville!!!