Railroad Forums 

• NS unit on D&R today.

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#515769  by cjvrr

NS 3002 and two cover hoppers on the D&R today.

Had to happen today... around 2:15 pm while sitting in a meeting in the mayor's office in Dover I hear the sounds of the train coming from the east. Train rumbles across the crossing. I take a quick glance out the window and the darn thing is running with NS #3002 facing west.

If I had gone to Dover / Rockaway for lunch, I would have seen it switching the end of the line.

Chris

#515878  by RS115

They probably did one of their swaps with NS taking 18 to work the Gladstone. Still, would have made a nice photo.

#515955  by GOLDEN-ARM

If that's true, it sounds like the NS crew got the better end of the deal..... :-D

#516273  by gravelyfan

But kind of ironic that an ex Reading unit (NS 3002) would end up running on a former CNJ branch line!!!!

M&E 18 was sighted later that day on the H-02 on the Totowa Spur with a tank car in the consist, so presumably they went down to Reheis on the Gladstone Branch first, then back to Denville and down to Mountain View.

#516313  by blockline4180

Oh, what I could have done to see an NS (ex-Reading) unit on the D&R!!!
LOL,anyone have pictures??? :P

#516846  by denvillerailfan

blockline4180 wrote:Oh, what I could have done to see an NS (ex-Reading) unit on the D&R!!!
LOL,anyone have pictures??? :P

I WISH!!!

Figures, the first day I went IN to work since I started working from home, and all heck breaks loose... I won't do that again any time soon.

Would have been great to slip down the D&R for a break, AND then catch the 18 on multiple trips through Denville!!!