Railroad Forums 

• What's next in biz opportunities ?

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#38777  by Tri-State Tom

The PA. line is off and running as is the Maine operations.

There are still several pieces of motive power stored awaiting restoration and the call to active service. In addition, the M&E still has an impressive and varied fleet of commuter coaches ( NJT Comet I's ), ex-Amtrak Heritage coaches and pristine private cars awaiting return to service.

What's next on the agenda within the business plan ?

#39297  by Camelback

I think the old CNJ mainline from Aldene to Elizabeth has potential, especially once the SIRR and RVRR is up and running. Aside from potential freight customers a shuttle from Springfield, Kenilworth & Cranford to downtown Elizabeth might have potential.

#39785  by Ken W2KB

That's why its in the running for light rail.
 #40117  by njt4172

Tri-State Tom wrote:The PA. line is off and running as is the Maine operations.

There are still several pieces of motive power stored awaiting restoration and the call to active service. In addition, the M&E still has an impressive and varied fleet of commuter coaches ( NJT Comet I's ), ex-Amtrak Heritage coaches and pristine private cars awaiting return to service.

What's next on the agenda within the business plan ?
Tom,

Have the ex NJT Comet I's been released from transit yet?? I saw a string of them sitting near MMC, but I haven't seen any in Morristown yet.

Thanks,
Steve