Railroad Forums 

• Track-side observing

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#478191  by NJ Vike

I will be off the next several weeks and would like to see the M&E. Is there any consistency as to where I can find then on any part of their route? I would like to get pictures; especially near that bridge in Rockaway that crosses that area where people fish.

Thanks

Ken
 #478197  by blockline4180

NJ Vike wrote:I will be off the next several weeks and would like to see the M&E. Is there any consistency as to where I can find then on any part of their route? I would like to get pictures; especially near that bridge in Rockaway that crosses that area where people fish.

Thanks

Ken
How you doing Ken??

The best thing to do would be to stop in the shop in Morristown(off Abbott Ave behind Staples) sometime around 7 am Mon-Friday to see where they are going... The reason I say this is they don't really have a set schedule. USUALLY, they head out west on NJT on Mondays, Tuesday and Thursday and do the Whippany line on Wednesdays or Fridays, but that can change on a dime. The days they head out to Lake/Chester Junction they could do either the Chester, High Bridge or D&R Branch.

Sometimes they head east down NJT to pick up some tank cars for the Whippany line, but that usually happens only once a week.

It really is hard to tell unless you ask one of the crew before they leave in the morning. They usually don't get out until after 8 am.

Hope this helps!

SMP

#478247  by NJ Vike

Hello SMP!

Thanks for the info. I will ask. The worst they can do is say "go away"

When do they drill the Polaner site?

#478299  by blockline4180

When do they drill the Polaner site?

Usually once a week, but the days they do often vary. I was told lately they have been going down on Thursday or Fridays, but I'm not certain for sure.

#478597  by Btkspot89

The M&E can also be seen going west on the NJT line between Mo-town and Denville I believe, anywhere between, 8:00 am and 9:00 am. I observe them usually near Mount Tabor, between Denville. Once again days vary. They will be working Lake Junction one day the next would be the whippany line. I wish you the best of luck of locating them and I would like to see pictures!! :-D I wish I could but I have no camera except the one on my cell phone :wink:

#478610  by blockline4180

Btkspot89 wrote:The M&E can also be seen going west on the NJT line between Mo-town and Denville I believe, anywhere between, 8:00 am and 9:00 am. I observe them usually near Mount Tabor, between Denville. Once again days vary. They will be working Lake Junction one day the next would be the whippany line. I wish you the best of luck of locating them and I would like to see pictures!! :-D I wish I could but I have no camera except the one on my cell phone :wink:

Its okay! I only have a 3.2 megapixel digital point and shoot camera and I still get looked at funny by some of these professional railbuff photographers. My little camera still takes good pictures and captures history even though I would still get snide remarks because I don't own a 7 mexapixel SLR with extended zoom!

#482373  by NJ Vike

Thanks guys for the info. I will post any pictures if I'm lucky to catch them.