Railroad Forums 

• Morristown & Erie on Rescue 911

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#453013  by blockline4180

Interesting, I never knew that episode ever existed. Where was the M&E 18 filmed??

I also recognized some of the crew even though they may have not been involved with the real incident..

#453032  by Sid Farkus

Looked like they filmed anything with ME 18 in Morris County. I think they shot everything in Ramsey except for the train scenes. I don't know for sure because I wasn't around then nor do I work for the show!

#453056  by GOLDEN-ARM

blockline4180 wrote:I also recognized some of the crew even though they may have not been involved with the real incident..
Well, the crew used in the recreation were the ACTUAL crew from the incident that occured on Conrail. Ritchie "The Prince of the High Iron" Campana and Tony "the Hero" Falzo were the real crew, even though the filmed location was on the M&E mainline, near Cedar Knolls. The Prince was rather "low key" about the whole deal, while I suspect "the Hero" is still somehow relating the story, to anyone who will listen to it........ :wink:
Last edited by GOLDEN-ARM on Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#453061  by Sid Farkus

Why wasn't it filmed in Ramsey (Train Scenes)? I guess Morristown didn't want to use their name even though they used their equipment.

#453115  by Jtgshu

Susquehaniewikiwokiwani wrote:Why wasn't it filmed in Ramsey (Train Scenes)? I guess Morristown didn't want to use their name even though they used their equipment.
Probably because NJT didn't want their line and their trains tied up becuase of a film crew taping the segment.

#453351  by uhaul

The Alco does rock side to side a bit and I wonder what horn it used? (2:05)
The M&E logo is not visible on the nose. Notches on the plow's edges could be both an advantage and disadvantage. I am surprised the toys on the track did not hurt anyone.
If I become an engineer maybe I should bring along a pair of binoculars.

#453566  by Sid Farkus

It rocks because of that quality track. The real horn is used iun the begining right?

#453622  by General

Thats funny. anthony falzo saves the day once again. everybody loves a hero

#453688  by MEC407

uhaul wrote:I wonder what horn it used? (2:05)
The horn on the loco is a K5LA, and that's the horn you hear at 2:05... but in the "going into emergency" scene around 2:50, the horn you hear is a K3L... probably because it sounds more "scary" than a K5LA.

#453827  by Sid Farkus

So which is the real horn?

#453831  by GOLDEN-ARM

We had 5 chimes, on all of our locos on the M&E. IF you hear anything else, in the video, it's been dubbed in, after the fact.

#453832  by MEC407

The real horn is the K5LA, which is visible on the locomotive and audible in the first part of the clip. The K3L -- i.e. the one that sounds more scary -- is the one that they dubbed in after the fact.

#453847  by Sid Farkus

Anyone remeber this or the filming? Anyne actually on site of the filiming?