Railroad Forums 

• PV car unloaded in East Frederick Place siding

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#411746  by blockline4180

Surprised nobody mentioned this, but I saw in todays Daily Record that a truck unloaded an old pullman railroad car at the East Frederick siding in Cedar Knolls. Looks like the trucks will have to be assembled and would probably take 6 months or so the article states!

#412518  by RS115

Swung by today: Car is a stainless flat-end obs lettered for Penn Central "Martha Washington" #7127 (have to double check that - wrote it down in the car). It's not in horrible shape on the exterior but definately needs work.

#421991  by jhdeasy

MARTHA WASHINGTON was built by Budd in 1951-1952 as a parlor observation car for PRR.

Amtrak leased the car from Penn Central for parlor service in the NEC and club car service on Clockers until about 1976.

For the past quarter century, this car has been "stuffed and mounted" as part of a travel agency in McKeesport PA.

#428757  by jhdeasy

There are 2 current pictures of MARTHA WASHINGTON in the August issue of Railpace.

#429109  by Sid Farkus

Theres an observation sitting in Whippany with a blue tarp on it. Looks like it could be this car.

#429158  by jhdeasy

Susquehaniewikiwokiwani wrote:Theres an observation sitting in Whippany with a blue tarp on it. Looks like it could be this car.
I think the car under the tarp in Whippany is the ROYAL ?????, a sleeper lounge observation (high window round end) owned by the CEO of M&E Railway.

I have not been to Whippany in about 2 months, but I think MARTHA WASHINGTON is being stored elsewhere.

#429373  by RS115

I can't swear to it but I believe the MW is still in Morristown inside the shops.

Took the train into Hoboken this evening and passing MMC saw Kitchi Gammi Club and Mount Vernon fairly close to the main and further in what could only have been 4216 though I didn't have time to actually see the number.

#429388  by Sid Farkus

No it had the blunt end like the Alexander Hamilton. Last car on the line with the old Whippany passenger station now used as a realitor. Close to the highway.

#429429  by jhdeasy

RS115 wrote:Took the train into Hoboken this evening and passing MMC saw Kitchi Gammi Club and Mount Vernon fairly close to the main
KITCHI GAMMI CLUB has a trip to Toronto and return.

MOUNT VERNON has a trip to Montreal and return, immediately followed by a trip to Rutland, Albany, Boston and return.

#430182  by RS115

Stopped by Whippany today and the post 2 above is correct - the Martha Washington is at the end of the house track in Whippany caccooned under a blue tarp. It is next to but separate from a couple of the CI's - not the museum's cars the ones owned by M&E.

Ohio River is in Morristown shop inside on Track 2.