Railroad Forums 

• Earl Gil Passed away today, 6-8-07

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#408633  by GOLDEN-ARM

Steam Excursion Pioneer Earl Gil passed away earlier today. Known for his "Morris County Central" operation, which ran on the M&E, before moving to the NYS&W. The details, from Al....... :(

Hi All,

I learned of Earle's passing from John Snogans upon arriving in Hoboken this morning.
As one person who knew him put it, "An era has passed". He was one of the pioneers of the steam tourist railway industry.

Al Holleuffer

Hello All,

Very Sad news indeed...

Joe Krygoski just called me...Earle passed away just a little bit ago (it is now 8:47 am), Friday, June 8th.

There are no details as yet on funeral arrangements, etc. When they are known, I will pass them on. Please pass this along to anyone else I do not have on this list that knew Earle.

Say a prayer for Earle....

Take care,
Steve

#409216  by GOLDEN-ARM

Hello Dave,

By now, you all know that Earle passed away this morning, Friday, June 8th.

Here's the info as I have it...full details will appear in the Sunday, June 10th edition of The Daily Record. www.dailyrecord.com

VIEWING : Monday evening, June 11th 6 - 9 PM

Par-Troy Funeral Home, 95 Parsippany Road, Parsippany, NJ 973-887-3235 www.partroyfuneralhome.com

SERVICES : At the Par-Troy Funeral Home Tuesday, June 12th 12 Noon

Internment : (to follow service) At the Gate of Heaven Cemetery 225 Ridgedale Ave., East Hanover, NJ
973-887-0286 www.rcan.org

Donations : In lieu of flowers, donations may be sent to :
(checks may be made out to "CCHF" and mailed to the address below)

Compassionate Care Hospice 4949 Ogletown Stanton Road, Suite 107,
Newark, Delaware 19713

Credit Cards may be phoned into the office at the following numbers :

Toll Free 800-999-8744
Phone 302-999-8944
FAX 302-999-8744
http://cchnet.net/Compassionate_Hospice ... volved.htm

Please say a Prayer for Earle....