Railroad Forums 

• 2nd LIRR Coach Going

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#390543  by RS115

As of today all 5 of the RS-11's at S Jefferson road are sans long hoods. 2 of the prime movers have been pulled and the other three will probably go tomorrow. M&E was there today rearranging the consist (using F-40 265 interestingly enough which stayed the night there shut down) so that the other three units were accessible to the crane (2 of them anyway - I figure there at least one more switch out to get the third one).

Once the PMs are gone I imagine they'll start on the heavy steel of the frames and such. Cabs and forward are essentially untouched so far (though some were in pretty rough shape when they arrived) only thing left behind the cab on those where the PM's been pulled are the exhaust fan and supporting internal structure.

hi

#390798  by thebigham

Thanks for the update!

#408802  by Long Island 9627

What the Numbers on the LIRR Pullman Cars.

Thanks

LI-Joe

#408816  by Nova55

2806 & another one I cant make out the number on..

Re:

#674616  by The tram man

Nova55 wrote:2806 & another one I cant make out the number on..
What type of car is that? A P72?

Edit: looked it up. Looks pretty dead. Whats going to happen to it? Scraper?