Railroad Forums 

• "Alta Lake"

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#372620  by kpiersol

Took a photo of this one at the Museum yesterday and can't find it on rrpicturearchives. Maine Eastern ME 4001 "Alta Lake." What is this car and its hx? If this is buried somewhere in this forum, please point me to the thread. Thank you.
 #373708  by jhdeasy

ALTA LAKE is a dining car of British Columbia Railway, Via Rail Canada and Canadian National ancestry. It was part of CN's large order of lightweight cars delivered by Pullman Standard in 1954.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=69812

I was in ALTA LAKE once, on the Saturday June 5, 2004 charter trip, for a local volunteer fire company, from Morristown to Suffern, via Hoboken west end wye, and reurn. It happened to be the date Ronald Reagan died. Consist of the special train was 2 FL-9 units, KITCHI GAMMI CLUB, ALTA LAKE, MORRIS COUNTY, MOUNT VERNON and OHIO RIVER.