• M&E and the Octoraro

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

by rushhour

Continued...

Will the M&E ship anymore units down to the Octoraro anytime soon? I guess they will send something down when they feel that the traffic will start to grow......(dont see this happening). Hopefully we can get more updates like on the old forum.

by rob216

I have noticed some increase on the line. The Herrs plant has had some more cars coming in more off the line and same with the lumber place in Oxford. I know last week they ran 3 days instead of the two like they usually do. Now I was wondering myself if they have tried talking to Tastycake about bringing in and shipping out goods since they are also on the line as well. There is also a concrete place down the line near Herrs that IM sure could have things shipped in. Also Hypenex outside of Oxford does a lot of shipping by truck. Sure they could use it and cut down on cost of shipping. So I guess things are slowly looking better for the line to me.

by rushhour

well....hopefully something will happen soon. :wink:

by rob216

I just thought of really crazy iade. :) How about M&E doing some passenger service on the line. We already know that SEPTA really doesn't want to do much with the line. Well just a thought.
Last edited by rob216 on Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by PVRX

RS11 7215 went out via NS Allentown this week. Not sure where it is going.

by RS-3

Anyone know which days the Octoraro runs? Where is its base of operations?

Thanks,

RS

by rob216

I think the days that they do run is Tuesday and Thursday. Other then that, im not sure where the engine is kept at. When BVRY ran the line, they had an engine or two kept in Kennet Square.

by NJ Vike

Is there a web site where I can see where the line begins and ends for the M&E?

I can spot it at Whippany, Rockaway, Denville and at Eisenhower but that's the only area I know.

What trains run through Hackettstown? Is this the same line that will take you to Oxford?

Thanks

Ken

by rushhour

The line we are talking about runs in Pennsylvania. Check out there website again and look for "Octoraro Railroad." That should answer your questions about were it runs. :wink:

John

by NJ Vike

rushhour wrote:The line we are talking about runs in Pennsylvania. Check out there website again and look for "Octoraro Railroad." That should answer your questions about were it runs. :wink:

John
WIll do.

Thanks

by rob216

I just found this today in another post that M&E will be getting money from the government in PA to help improve the line. They will be getting $250,000 for the main line and sidings in the diffrent towns along the track and also another $56,000 to build a new siding in Kennett Square for shipping and receiveing. It's not a whole lot of money, but it is a good start.

by rushhour

Its actually nice to see that the line is getting some money. better than nothing I always say. This new siding in Kennett Square....Where will it be? They already have one siding there plus not to mention the former shop track back when it was DV. Let me know whats up with this. Keep the photos coming! :wink:
John

by rob216

The post said that it will be at or near the Kaolin Mushroom company. I think that they are more outside the town so it i think that area will be the same.

by rushhour

Yeah...all we can do now is wait. LOL

John

by rob216

Here is a pic that i took some time ago of them ont he line. I will try to get some more. As you can see in the pic that the tracks do need some work done to them. Just glad that they got the money from the state of Pa. to help fix them up.