Railroad Forums 

• M&E trip 6/5/04 ???

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#24406  by Tri-State Tom

Was there an excursion trip yesterday ?

Was told that the two FL9's and 5-6 PV's were spotted in Chatham returning westbound to Morristown @ 10:00 p.m. last night....

Anyone ?

#24522  by njt4172

Tom,

I missed it! Did anyone out there see it?? Where did you see it Tom??

Steve
 #24583  by jhdeasy

M&E 488
M&E 489
KITCHI GAMMI CLUB
MORRIS COUNTY
ALTA LAKE
MOUNT VERNON
OHIO RIVER

Whippany - Morristown - Hoboken (west end wye) - Suffern and return over same route. Used Main Line in both directions. Ran locomotives around train in Suffern passenger station. Left Whippany around 5 PM; returned around 10:00 PM.

Special train was operated on behalf of a volunteer fire department. It was for their annual dinner.

A fine time was had by all!

#24688  by njt4172

Any more special trains planned for the summer??? I still have to get those FL-9's in action on the morristown line!!

Thanks,
Steve

#24886  by james1787

Wow! That would be quite a unique annual dinner? I wonder how you get info on how to do that? The volunteer Fire Department I serve on is looking for ideas.. might be an interesting thought..

#24932  by Tri-State Tom

james -

No 'wonder' james....simply pick up the phone and call them.

The M&E's staff are friendly and regular folks....and they are in the excursion biz now.

Steve -

Chatham @ about 10 p.m. doing 'track speed' westbound.
 #24940  by jhdeasy

If you are interested in chartering a M&E Railway special passenger train, then I suggest you call M&E Railway at 973-267-4300. Ask for Mr. Henry Butz, who handles passenger marketing/operations. He is easiest to reach in the morning.

#26438  by 7 Train

Did it operate via Main Line (Paterson) or Bergen Line (Garfield)?

#26558  by 22

It was on the main both ways.